Monday, August 22, 2011

Our little walker

Grant took his first steps on August 22!  Two days after his birthday and we were stoked!  I was in our master bathroom brushing my teeth while Grant was playing with his toy basket.  Grant has a new love of brushing his teeth and of course when he sees me brushing he insists on brushing too.  So, he stood up and pointing at my tooth brush and then his mouth he took two steps!  I about dropped my toothbrush in excitement and celebration for him!!! 

After a week or so of taking a few steps here and there, finally the walking officially started!  Grant was hanging out playing on one end of the living room.  The next thing I know I see him stand up and walk across to the other side of the living room!  Now he is a serious moving machine!  It didn't take long from the first steps to him now strolling around everywhere!  

Most days now if I am in the kitchen cleaning or making dinner Grant will stop playing toys and just stroll into the kitchen.  It's like he recently turned the corner from baby to big boy, guess we officially have a toddler on our hands.  Oh, how time is flying!  And it is not that we didn't enjoy the crawling stage but how things are so much nicer with Grant walking!!!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment