Like most crazy new moms with wild ideas mine was to run a half marathon after having Grant. I didn't train exactly how I wished I could have but all things considered (being a new mom, winter, and dealing with a slew of body image issues) I am proud of myself. This half became more than running 13.1 miles, it became a way to cope with my changing identity of working woman to stay at home momma. In some crazy way running just helped me stay connected to myself. So May 1st I set out to achieve this crazy goal of mine.
I ran the Fort Collins half marathon in 2:33:07 averaging an 11:41 minute mile. It was a really great run for the first 11 miles and mile 12 and 13 I just hit the wall and lost my ability to maintain speed. The last few miles almost killed me but I managed to keep it together and finish without walking...even if my run at that point was slower than a walk!
Crossing the finish line was more than emotional for me. Jeff and Grant of course were there with smiles and lots of love but so were Terisha and the entire Bethel family. Terisha ran the 10k and I was so proud of her for tackling the 10k at this altitude. I feel so blessed and loved to have so such a great family and fabulous friends that would travel to cheer me on for the run! I truly love them all!!!
With one half marathon under my belt I know there will be more in the future! Grant will be easier to train with hopefully and of course I couldn't have done this without Jeff. And I had more than a few amazing friends encouraging me and cheering me throughout this entire journey.
 |
| Packet pickup |
 |
| The Whole Gang |
 |
| My biggest fans! |
 |
| Carb-o loading with cupcakes! |

|
| 4:30am I am ready to go! |
 |
| Making my way to the finish line |
 |
<><> <>

>
>>I did it! 13.1!!!!
| <><> >>
No comments:
Post a Comment