Orginally I thought this blog would primarily be about Grant and his fabulous little life. But then I realized that Grant really is a part of my training journey and I should write more about it. So here goes...
I have been training for a while now and I will admit that it is still pretty hard! I am up to 6 miles now, it has been a year since I ran 6 miles which is crazy! I am learning to love this journey and love myself in the process...its not easy and everyday I struggle but I am getting better. I have so many amazing people supporting me on this training. My friends have been great, Paige and Ashley always volunteering to watch Grant so I can run without the extra pushing challenge. I can always count on Karin and Angela to run with me which I always appreciate and love, sometimes I just need to go the extra mile with someone by my side. Terisha is my phone running buddy and I cannot wait until race day to actually run with her! Jeff has been tremendously amazing in supporting me and telling me that I can do it, especially when we are hitting the pavement. He even will run with the dog and baby so I can focus on technique and form. I am beyond lucky to have such a great support system.
It would be a complete lie if I didn't admit that a part of me is scared out of my mind in doing this. And when I say part of me I mean like 99% of me! It is my hope that with this training I will learn more about who I am and that I am an athlete and I can achieve more than what sometimes I think I can. To say that I sell myself short is an understatement and I know that. And this is exactly why I have given up on focusing on my time for the half and instead am focusing on my growing and learning that an athlete doesn't have to run a 9:30 minute mile or wear a size 2. I will get there and it is getting easier to believe in myself. Training for this half really is a mental challenge for me as well as a physical one, but I know I am going to be stronger in the end!
So a giant thank you to all my cheerleaders out there! Thank you for being there to watch me struggle and tell me to keep going. Thank you for letting me cry when my run didn't go as well as I hoped. Thank you for offering to watch the little man. And thank you for running by my side. But the biggest thank you goes to Grant and Sydney for getting out there with me almost every time. Grant seeing your little smiley face only encourages me to be the best mommy that I can be! I love you all!!!
okay so this post made me cry!! You are doing awesome and such an inspiration to all of us! I wish I had your drive!
ReplyDeleteWhere is my shout out...I offer to watch g unit :)