Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snofest 2011

Over the weekend we packed our bags and headed out to Keystone for Snofest!  Karin and Abigail came too which made for an even better weekend!  We stayed at the Inn at Keystone that was at the base of the mountain and walking distance from the ski lifts.  Weather wise it was a perfect weekend, sunny and 45 degrees! 

Our 5:30am start the journey with all the "kids" in the back!
When we arrived on Friday morning we all checked into the hotel, Sydney included, and unpacked what Jeff referred to as "the Klampit" style amount of stuff.  Taking Grant and Sydney anywhere means WAY TOO many bags!!!  I am glad we brought so much stuff though because as soon as we got to the hotel before we could take Grant out of the car seat Abigail pointed out that he stunk.  And low and behold our little man had blown out his diaper, pajamas, and his car seat cover. 

Everyone was dying to hit the slopes as soon as we arrived so quickly Jeff, Karin, and Abigail got ready to go.  Karin and Abigail tore up the mountain all day while Jeff only skied for a couple of hours. 
The whole ski crew
Karin * Jeff * Beth * Abigail * Lauren * Kelly * Kyle

Grant's favorite getting some snuggle in!
Jeff came and met Grant and I to walk around and check out the activities of snofest.  I loved that we were within walking distance of the resort and all the events going on!  
Headed over the Snofest activities
Family time checking out the "goodies" of Snofest!
Daddy and baby time at Soup and Whiskey
Enjoying a glass of wine at the hotel happy hour!

Our hotel had a rooftop hot tub that Jeff and I made sure to take advantage of!  



That night we went and had dinner with the Spillane family at their condo.  It was super fun and their condo was walking distance from our hotel! 


Saturday Karin and Abigail were eager to rock the slopes again, well I think more Abigail than Karin, but they got up bright and early and hit the mountain! 

Best skier on the mountain!!!
 
Karin and Abigail taking only a brief moment for a picture while skiing!
Jeff and I went snowshoeing as a family and we loved it!  We snowshoed along the golf course and around some of the most amazing homes.  If Jeff and I could pick an ideal location to live, this place just might be it.  Grant did great on the trek.  He stayed super warm in his snowsuit, but he did resemble the kid from A Christmas Story!!!


 
Taking a little rest after all the hard work that he put into snowshoeing!

Loving the snow!

After snowshoeing we had the best homemade soup in the Nordic center diner.  Grant sat in a highchair for the first time!  He had a little help from a blanket and several burp cloths to keep him steady!


Sitting up like a big boy!

Snofest put on a cardboard box derby race that afternoon.  We ventured over and watched some of the races.  The creativity from all the participants was fun to see.  Grant wasn't as much of a fan because when the crowd would cheer he would cry!  Poor thing...guess derby racing is not in his future!!!


Bringing our mini-staycation to an end on Sunday everyone got up early and went skiing for the last time.  Grant, Sydney, and I stayed back and packed up all 750 boxes and bags we brought!  

We checked out of the hotel and headed ice skating!  It was my first time and I couldn't have been more nervous!  Jeff was a good Daddy and wore Grant in the front pack, the diaper bag on the back, and walked Sydney.  To top off his Daddy duty we made him take pictures of us ice skating!!!  

Daddy of the year with all his gear!

We were like Blades of Glory on the ice!
Karin and Abigail
Ice chair

 
It was a great weekend and I am so glad that we went up!  Next time we go up I hope I can ski too but if not I am sure that Grant and I can find some fun activities to get into!!!  And no trip is complete without some great background photo shoots!


I love him so much!
  
It doesn't get better than this!
The gorgeous Bethel girls
* We missed Joe this trip but know we will vacation with him soon! * 



No comments:

Post a Comment