Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sleeping

Grant is finally getting the hang of sleeping in his room for naps and at night!  It seems as though he has settled into a routine of going to bed around 7 and waking up the next morning around 7 too!  There are always the nights with a few extra hiccups but generally he is only waking up once or twice a night.  This is a much needed and exciting milestone for us.  Jeff and I think we have figured out a good routine that works for Grant and us.  When I hear Grant at night I will go and get him out of his room and bring him into our room to nurse.  After Grant is full to the brim Jeff will take him back into his room and it works out pretty well!  So far so good and I hope our little G-unit continues to be a great sleeper. 

The best part of Grant sleeping in his own room is hearing him wake us up in the morning.  He seems to make happy noises until we make our way into his room.  There we find him swaddled with the biggest smile on his face.  After undoing the swaddle he stretches out both arms and smiles knowing that it is morning, thus time to wake up and play!  Every morning I fall deeper and deeper in love with him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment