Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Our little sleeper, well sort of!
I never thought that we would get here but finally we have "mastered" a bedtime routine for our little man! It has now been about two months where Grant goes to bed around 6/6:30 and will sleep until the next morning around 6am. However, this twelve hour sleeping routine is not quiet in what it seems. Grant still wakes up once or twice a night but this is a 100% improvement from his hourly wake-ups! I will take the few wakes up over the hourly wake ups any day. Fingers crossed that he soon learns that once a night is the better than twice. Lately, Grant has been waking up around 4am and I walk into to his room to get him and he is smiling the biggest gummy grin! I fall deeper in love even at 4am! After I nurse him in our room I will take him back to his room where he just smiles and laughs when I put him down. I remind Grant that it is the middle of the night and momma needs her beauty sleep so he needs to go back to sleep. I then go back to our room and I hear Grant sing himself to sleep. I can't help but smile laying in bed and listen to him sing! I look forward to him being a better sleeper but for now I am enjoying every second of those gummy midnight smiles!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment