Friday, August 17, 2012

Coleman's Six Months

Wow, six months has flown by!  While it feels like you have always been a member of our family these past six months are a complete blur.  In the first six months of your life you have moved across the country, been to Disney World, and waged against the sleep war! 

Recently you have become such an independent little man.  It is clear that you and your brother have very different personalities.  You let anyone hold you and carry you around but when you are done, you are DONE.  There are times when I think bouncing, singing, or changing up the scenery are all you need.  But in a last attempt I would lay you down...and like clockwork you are instantly happy.  You love to lay on the floor and roll around.  I will put a box of toys just a few feet away from you and you make a quick bee-line by rolling and schooting.  Not to mention that you love to be in the execauser.  Grant will bring you toys in there and you can stay in there forever.  

Watching your personality blossom has been so fun.  You adore your brother even though he often wakes you up early from all your naps.  When you make eye contact with him and laugh it seriously melts my heart.  I hope you always know how much he loves you back.  You will watch him from your carseat when we are driving and just laugh.  Each and everytime it makes me smile.  

So, I must also mention that we are still fighting the good night sleep fight.  Its been daunting and sometimes downright awful.  I am not sure where my dream sleeper went but I know that month 4 and 5 with you in regards to sleeping have sucked!  You sometimes wake up three or four times a night and others you wake up only once.  It is crazy, I have no idea what the night has in store for us.  You like to keep me on my toes for sure!  

You are my blue eyed, red headed little lover!  You love to pull my hair and ride on my hip.  You will reach up and suck on my face just because you want some extra kisses and love.  Even when you pull on my eyeslashes and face I can't get enough of you.  

Thank you for being the little man that melts my heart.  You laugh and smile all the time.  Even though times are tough as we continue to have the sleeping battle you will always be my chubby little buddy!  We love you and cannot wait to watch you grow more and more!!!  Happy half birthday Coleman!!!





 

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment